On March 22–23, Moscow Aviation Institute hosted the 7th Russian Helicopter Society Forum. As a rule, the forums of the Russian Helicopter Society are devoted to high-priority theoretical and practical challenges of helicopter engineering.
The Forum included the following sections:
- helicopter aerodynamics;
- aeroelasticity and strength;
- flight dynamics and testing;
- general aerodynamics and acoustics;
- history of helicopter engineering;
- development and design of helicopters;
- operation and flight safety;
- helicopter ergonomics and training equipment.
CSTS "Dinamika" attended the Forum with a contribution entitled:
"Development of helicopter simulation technologies in TsAGI and CSTS Dinamika" by A.G. Bushgens, A.A. Litvinenko, V.L. Sukhanov.
The paper covers various areas of helicopter simulation technologies application and outlins the company’s most recent achievements in the development of efficient helicopter simulators, namely:
- development of highly adequate flight dynamics models for the principal helicopter types with full simulation of operation modes, including failures/emergency situations conditions and external load transportation;
- development of visualization systems with a wide field of view (up to 220°H´60°V) and highly detailed representation of underlying terrain;
- development of external environment visualization tools for night vision (IR and NVG).
Full version of the report is accessible among the printed and electronic materials of the Forum.
About The Russian Helicopter Society
The Russian Helicopter Society was founded in 1993 through the sponsorship of the leading Russian helicopter engineers and companies, research institutes and higher education establishments, whose activity lies within the field of helicopter engineering. Goals of the Society include advancement of Russian helicopter engineering science, theory and practices and establishment of mutually profitable scientific and technical contacts.