This MiG-29K research simulator has been developed to enable the Mikoyan Design Bureau Engineering Centre to elaborate dynamics of this carrier- based beast, namely:
- control system development;
- display systems optimization (MFD, HUD);
- deciding on the controls loading characteristics;
- flight tests support.
In order to solve these problems the developers enjoy:
- collimated visual system, FOV (160ºH x 28ºV);
- electromechanical control loading system;
- three MFDs and HUD.
A customized solution for the computer system to enable tackling of the above problems:
- FlightSim software package specialized for the development and support of dynamic models for the aircraft and control system;
- Desksim software package specialized for the development and support of the flight & navigation data on MFD and HUD.