Research Sim for the Development of Pilot-Cockpit Interface for New Generation Fighters
This research simulation complex is designed to support the development of pilot-cockpit interface (PCI) with the purpose of an optimum presentation of flight data and control parameters. It enables the following tasks and missions:
- SW development and debugging
- Flight simulation tasks (experiments);
- Introduction of flying missions and tactical environments;
- Shaping and/or interactive correction of indication formats;
- Working out indicators controls;
- Crew – Cockpit interaction logic through the cockpit controls;
- Out-of-cockpit viewing (visual system);
- Piloting and combat missions;
- Monitoring over the simulation session/piloting actions (side view, phase trajectories, transients, etc.);
- Correction of pilot’s control actions;
- Introduction of failures;
- Introduction of aerial and ground targets.
This complex consists of:
- Mockup of the fighter cabin furnished with imitators of cockpit equipment and multi-functional displays (MFD);
- Computer system for flight simulation and control;
- Out-of-cockpit view system;
- Acoustics simulation, voice messages, commands, etc.;
- Research Engineer Workstation;
- Voice communication headset;
- Equipment mating interface and uninterrupted power supply units.
The computer system accommodates math models of the aircraft onboard equipment.
The three-channel projector visual system provides fields of view of 30°V by 110°H.
This research sim is a cooperative project of CSTS Dinamika, Sukhoi Design Bureau, and R.Е.Т.Kronshtadt, namely:
- Sukhoi Design Bureau – the sim cockpit mockup;
- R.Е.Т.Kronshtadt – visual system and MFD;
- CSTS Dinamika – cockpit equipment and panels; equipment mating interface (EMI); computer system and software for aircraft flight dynamics; system integration and integration of the Su-27 math models, complex debugging, and after-sale service.