The CBT is intended for classroom instruction of aircrews and technical personnel.
For aircrews, the CBT enables the following:
- acquiring theoretical knowledge of the helicopter structure;
- reinforcing theoretical knowledge in operating on-board systems using a program simulator;
- building initial competence and skills in completing combat missions, including those under non-routine flight conditions;
- assessment of competence level.
For engineers and technical personnel:
- acquiring theoretical knowledge of the helicopter equipment functions, components, location and operation principles;
- studying the helicopter equipment adjustment and test procedures;
- studying the helicopter maintenance practices.
The CBT is based on a new methodology and technology platform that enables the following:
- more interactive, dynamic and visually instructive representation of learning materials;
- enhanced methodological capabilities in teaching flight operation and maintenance of the helicopter;
- a capability that allows instructors to create their own test quiz databases.
The CBT has successfully passed state testing at the State Flight Testing Center (SFTC) named after V.P. Tchkalov.
The CBT was developed by CSTS Dinamika Ulyanovsk division.