For aircrews, the CBT enables the following:
- acquiring theoretical knowledge of the aircraft structure;
- reinforcing theoretical knowledge in operating on-board systems using a program simulator;
- building initial competence and skills in completing flight missions, including those under non-routine flight conditions;
- assessment of competence level.
For engineers and technical personnel:
- acquiring theoretical knowledge of the aircraft equipment functions, components, location and operation principles;
- studying the aircraft equipment adjustment and test procedures;
- studying the aircraft maintenance schedule and practices using a program simulator for technical personnel.
The CBT was developed by CSTS Dinamika Ulyanovsk division in cooperation with Beriev Aircraft Company, JSC.